Welcome everybody to the new topic "LIVING THINGS"
In nature there are non-living things, such as rocks and minerals, and living things such as animals and plants.
All living things depend on life processes to stay alive, and the processes are: nutrition, sensitivity and reproduction.
- Nutrition provides two things: substances that living things need to grow and energy to carry out life processes.
- Sensitivity enables living things to react to what they perceive around them.
- Reproduction enables living things to create offspring similar to themselves.
Multicellular living things have the following structure:
- Cells form tissues. Tissues, such as mucle tissue, are made up of cells which work together.
- Tissues forms organs. Organs, such as the heart, are made up of tissues which work together.
- Organs forms systems. Systems, such as the digestive system, are made up of organs which work together.
- An organism is a complete living thing. Many systems work together in an organism.